I turned 25 recently and something shifted quietly inside me. Not dramatically no big revelation, no lightning bolt moment. Just a slow, creeping awareness that my early twenties are not some unlimited waiting room where I can figure everything out later. Later is arriving. And I want to be ready for it.

The thing nobody tells you about your twenties is how fast they actually move. From the outside they look like this long, spacious stretch of time years and years to experiment, to mess up, to find yourself. But from the inside? It is a blink. You look up and six months are gone. A year is gone. And you are either slightly more yourself than you were before, or you are exactly the same, still waiting to start.

I do not want to be exactly the same. I do not think you do either otherwise you would not be here reading this.

So I made a list. Not of things to achieve or places to go or milestones to hit. Just habits. Simple, quiet, deeply important habits that I believe every girl in her early twenties should build before 25 arrives. Habits that make you softer in the right places and stronger in the ones that count.

Some of these I have already built. Some I am still working on. All of them have changed something in me or are in the middle of changing something. And I think they will do the same for you.

✨ Save this for when you need a reminder of who you are becoming.

1. Learn To Say No And Not Feel Terrible About It Afterwards



This one took me an embarrassingly long time to learn. And if I am being honest, I am still learning it.

For most of my life I said yes to things I did not want to do because saying no felt selfish. Rude. Like I was letting someone down. So I showed up to things I did not want to attend. I helped people who would never return the favour. I gave my time and energy to things that had nothing to do with where I actually wanted to go.

And I was exhausted. All the time. That quiet, bone-deep exhaustion that has nothing to do with sleep.

Here is what I know now: every time you say yes to something you do not want to do, you are saying no to something you do. Your time is not unlimited. Your energy is not unlimited. And not everything not everyone deserves access to both.

Saying no is not a character flaw. It is a boundary. And boundaries are not walls you build to keep people out they are doors you control, deciding who gets in and when. Build that muscle before 25. It will serve you for the rest of your life.

Start small if you need to. Say no to one small thing this week without over-explaining yourself. Notice how the world does not end. Notice how you feel slightly lighter. Do it again next week. Keep going.

2. Stop Needing Everyone To Agree With You

Oh this one is uncomfortable to talk about. But we have to.

At some point in your twenties and the earlier the better you have to make peace with the fact that not everyone is going to understand you. Not everyone is going to agree with your choices. Not everyone is going to clap for your direction. And that has to be okay.

Seeking validation is human. We all do it. But when you need external approval before you can trust your own decisions, you hand the steering wheel of your life to other people. And other people are not living your life. They do not know what it feels like to be you, to want what you want, to carry what you carry.

There will be people who do not get why you are starting a blog, why you are choosing a certain path, why you are making the choices you are making. Some of them will say it out loud. Most will just give you a look.

Let them.

The most grounded, self-assured women I admire are not the ones who have everyone's approval. They are the ones who stopped needing it. That quiet confidence the kind that does not need an audience is something you build intentionally, one decision at a time, before 25 makes the stakes higher.



3. Build A Routine It Does Not Have To Be Perfect, It Just Has To Be Yours

I used to think routines were for a certain type of person. Disciplined people. Morning people. People who had their lives together in ways I clearly did not. I thought routines required perfection a colour-coded schedule, a 5 AM alarm, a whole aesthetic to go along with it.

Then I stopped waiting to be that person and just built something small that worked for me, where I was, with what I had.

A routine is not about what it looks like. It is about what it does. It grounds your day. It gives you something familiar to return to when everything else feels messy. On good days your routine is easy. On hard days it is the thing that keeps you moving when your motivation has completely disappeared.

It does not have to be a morning routine if mornings are not your time. It does not have to be elaborate. It does not have to impress anyone. It just has to be something a sequence of small actions that tells your brain: we are doing this, we are showing up today, we are okay.

Mine is simple routine. It has evolved over time. Some days I skip parts of it. But it is mine and it has changed the texture of my days more than almost anything else on this list.


4. Build A "Showing Up" Mindset Even When You Have Nothing Left



Motivation is a liar. I say this with full conviction and zero apology.

Motivation shows up on good days when you have slept well, eaten properly, and life is cooperating. It disappears the moment things get hard, boring, or uncertain. And if you wait for it before you do anything, you will spend most of your life waiting.

The habit I wish I had built sooner is this: showing up even when I do not feel like it. Not at full capacity. Not perfectly. Just showing up doing the bare minimum version of the thing instead of doing nothing at all.

Bad day and cannot write a full blog post? Write three sentences. Cannot do a full workout? Do ten minutes. Cannot study for hours? Open the book and read one page. The minimum version counts. It keeps the habit alive. It keeps you in the game on the days when everything in you wants to quit.

This mindset is what separates people who actually build things from people who are always about to start. You will have low-energy days for the rest of your life. Build the habit of showing up anyway before 25 and those days will never be able to stop you.

5. Move In Silence Stop Announcing Everything Before It Exists

This is a hard one to write because I have been guilty of it so many times.

You get an idea and it feels so good that you immediately want to tell everyone. You share the plan, the vision, the whole thing before you have done a single thing about it. And the people around you respond, you get that little rush of excitement, and then somehow... the motivation to actually do it quietly disappears.

There is actual research behind why this happens. When you talk about a goal, your brain registers some of the satisfaction of achieving it before you have done any of the work. The talking becomes a substitute for the doing.

So stop talking about what you are going to do. Just do it. Start the blog. Launch the thing. Build the skill. Work on it quietly, privately, without an audience. Let the results be the announcement.

There is a specific kind of confidence that comes from doing something in silence and then showing people the finished thing. It is unshakeable in a way that shared plans never are. Protect your dreams by not handing them out before they are ready. They are too important for that.



6. Learn When To Walk Away And Actually Do It

Knowing when to leave something is one of the most underrated skills you will ever develop.

We stay in things long past their expiry date friendships that have become one-sided, habits that are clearly not working, situations that drain more than they give because leaving feels like giving up. Like admitting failure. Like we were not enough to make it work.

But sometimes things simply run their course. Sometimes a friendship was for a season and that season is over. Sometimes a path was right for who you were two years ago and wrong for who you are now. Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is recognize that something is no longer serving you and quietly, without drama, let it go.

Walking away is not weakness. It is clarity. It is knowing your own worth well enough to stop investing yourself in things that give nothing back.

Build this habit before 25. It will save you years. Literal years that you would otherwise spend holding on to things that were finished long before you were willing to admit it.


7. Start Something Small That Is Entirely, Completely Yours


A blog. A skill account. A small creative project. A side hustle. A newsletter. Anything.

It does not have to be big. It does not have to be monetized immediately. It does not have to be perfect or even fully formed. It just has to be something you are building with your own hands, in your own time, for your own reasons.

There is something that happens to you when you start something of your own. A quiet shift in how you see yourself. You stop being only a consumer of other people's work and start being a creator of your own. That shift matters more than the thing itself.

I started this blog one month ago. It is small. It is still finding its shape. Some days I question whether anyone is reading. But it is mine every word, every idea, every decision and that ownership does something to your confidence that nothing else really can.

Do not wait until you feel ready. Do not wait until you know enough or have enough time or have the perfect idea. Start with what you have, where you are. The doing will teach you everything the waiting never could.


8. Learn To Feed Yourself Properly, Not Just Survive

I am not talking about becoming a chef. I am talking about something much simpler and much more important: knowing how to take care of your own body through food without being completely dependent on someone else to do it for you.

Learn five or six simple meals you can make from scratch. Not instant noodles. Not reheated leftovers. Actual food daal, a simple salan, eggs done properly, a basic sabzi. Things that are warm and real and genuinely nourishing.

This matters for a reason that goes beyond cooking. It is about independence. It is about knowing that no matter where life puts you a new city, a new situation, a hard season you can feed yourself. You can take care of yourself. You do not need rescuing.

And there is something deeply grounding about cooking a meal with your own hands and sitting down to eat it. It is an act of care toward yourself that is small and domestic and completely underrated. Build this habit now, while you still have the time to learn without pressure.



9. Start Documenting Your Life Future You Will Be Desperate For This

This is the one most people skip because it feels unnecessary in the moment. And it is the one most people deeply regret skipping later.

Take photos. Not just the polished, posed ones the real ones. The ordinary Tuesday afternoon. The meal you made that turned out better than expected. The view from your window at a particular hour. The handwritten note someone left you. The face of a person you love in an unguarded moment.

Write things down. Keep a notes app entry, a journal, a voice memo anything. Record what you are thinking, what you are feeling, what you are hoping for. You do not need to be a writer to do this. You just need to be present enough to capture it.

Because here is what happens: you forget. You forget more than you think you will. The details that feel permanent right now the texture of a specific summer, the feeling of a particular friendship, the version of yourself that existed in this exact chapter they blur and fade faster than you expect.

Documentation is how you keep them. It is how you hold onto yourself through time. And when you are 30, looking back at your early twenties, you will be so grateful for every small thing you thought to record. Start now. While it is still happening. While it is still fresh and alive and completely, entirely yours.


Twenty-five is not a deadline. It is not some finish line you either cross successfully or fail to reach. But it is a marker a moment where many things become more fixed, more serious, more set. The habits you carry into your mid-twenties tend to be the ones you carry forward for a long time after.

So build good ones now. Not because you have to. Not because someone told you to. But because you know, somewhere quietly inside you, that you are capable of more than you have been giving yourself permission to become.

Start with one habit from this list. Just one. Pick the one that made something in your chest feel a little tight when you read it that is usually the one you need the most.

And if you want something to actually help you track your habits and hold yourself accountable every day, I have a free habit tracker printable on the blog that makes it so much easier to stay consistent even on the days you do not feel like it.

You have time. Not unlimited time but enough. Use it well. 🌸

💬 Tell me in the comments which habit are you starting first? I am rooting for you.